BusNet-Home

BusNet-Home
BusNet-Home

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I may just serve the site myself to the WWW

So, for the first attempt at getting the site out to the rest of the world, I decided that as easy as it has been to get a website built, there must be just as easy a program that would allow me to host the website from the home server, right??

With some searching, I have found that the most widely used Web Server software used in the world is Apache 2.  So, I downloaded it and ........ how do you interface with this?  A command line......OK, so that is as far as I am going to get with that I think.  With some more searching I discover another program called Webmin that is supposed to be a graphical User Interface that will allow me to configure Apache and get my site live.

OK, so 2 Weeks Later and I am looking for a Website Host that is free........

No comments:

Post a Comment